What do I want to practice?

lunes, 1 de diciembre de 2014

SECOND CONDITIONAL (If/would)

THE SECOND CONDITIONAL

The Second Conditional is used to talk about "impossible situations"

IF + PAST SIMPLE, WOULD + PRESENT SIMPLE
                    



  • If we were in London today, we would be able to go to the concert in Hyde Park.
  • It would be a much better place if there were no hungry people in this world, 
  • If everyone had clean water to drink, there would be a lot less disease
  • If I had millions dollars, I'd give a lot to charity.
Note that after I/he/she/it we often use the subjunctive form 'were' and not 'was'
  • If she were happy in her job, she wouldn't be looking for another one.
  • If I lived in Japan, I'd have sushi every day.
Useful links with exercises to practice:


3 comentarios:

  1. WHERE I CAN FIND MORE EXERCISES TO DO IN THE 2ND CONDITIONAL ?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Here you have some other exercises:

    http://eslgamesworld.com/members/games/ClassroomGames/Billionaire/Conditionals%20Billionaire%20Game/index.html?zoom_highlight=gethref=

    ResponderEliminar
  3. hello,were i can find some games????????

    ResponderEliminar